Friday 21 March 2014

Breakfast Smoothie

1/4-1/2 cup mixed frozen fruit (I used the strawberry, pineapple, mango, peach blend)
Small handful of your favourite greens ( I used baby kale, baby spinach, chard, & mizuna blend) 
1/2 banana 
1/2 scoop Amazing Grass ( I used the acai & goji flavour) 
3/4-1 cup your favourite milk ( today I used the almond-coconut blend; normally I just use the almond milk) 

If you are worried about protein, you can put in a scoop of your favourite protein powder. We get enough protein the rest of the day that I don't worry about it everyday for breakfast. 

I've tried this recipe in a regular blender & it's okay, chunky because it doesn't break down the greens as well. I've found my 5 year old Magic Bullet with the blending blade is fantastic at the job. 

No comments:

Post a Comment