Thursday 20 March 2014

Teaching your child the value of foods...

Today I taught my youngest son how to make nut butters. We made a raw cashew, raw pumpkin seed & flax blend with unrefined virgin coconut oil.

To me there is nothing more important than teaching your child(ren) the value of food. Where it comes from, the benefits of organic or biodiversity gardening; how to prepare it or why cooking from while foods is best. 

I don't remember the last time we had anything that was premade, out of a box or bag; we certainly haven't had gmo laden foods in years. I use to buy so called organic health foods premade in boxes; turns out they aren't that great either. So we started buying whole foods & eating that way. 

Now I've always cooked, but I'd use premade sauces, pastas, soups, etc. now I make everything 100% from scratch...and my family loves me for it. Everyone feels better, we look better, we're losing the fatty weight & gaining muscle. 

So the next time you're out & about avoid the centre isles & head for the produce section. See what you can come up with & make a whole foods dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment